Happy Friday! It’s Time to showcase some of my favourite posts from the last week. As always please feel free to take part if you want to.
- You have to highlight one review, one booktag/meme & one general bookish style post.
- Remember to link back to the creator of the post & include a brief description as to why you have picked this specific post.
- Link back to me ( mainly so I can find new awesome blogs to follow.)
- Tag 3 people to take part in the post next week.
I really couldn’t decide between two reviews this week so I’ve just decided to highlight them both!
Ellie is a favourite blogger of mine and a great bookish friend. She always writes such well thought out reviews, separating them by settings, characters, themes etc. I’m also on the blog tour for this book & can’t wait to pick it up after reading Ellie’s review.
“If you like poignant, raw and touching topics in unique urban fantasy books with very complex characters, a well-thought-out plot, discussions on human nature and ethics as well as a fabulous writing style, then this is the book for you, I highly recommend it.”
I am incredibly excited for this book and even more so after reading Hamad’s review. They talk about both the good and the bad, and I love how they break the book up into quarters & includes some quotes that make me really eager to pick the book up.
“I really enjoyed this book and I think I will watch The Martian soon. I liked the writing though sometimes it did feel overwhelming, the characters were well written and funny (Although they sounded exaggerated and comical sometimes). The plot is very interesting and the pacing was not bad. I am really impressed by the research that was put into this and really respect the author for pulling it off!”
I’ve been following Evelyn for a long time now and she never fails to add books to my TBR as well as coming out with some great bookish content. I loved the idea for her Top 5 Tuesday post and I also agreed with nearly all of her picks.
- “Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo – I recently reread this one, and loved it again, but I think reading it for the first time was better!
- The Gilded Ones by Roshani Chokshi – I would love to read this again for the first time, and then read and love the whole series!”
Favourite General Bookish
Ok, so this isn’t a totally bookish post but it is fantastic, and would be a brilliant help to new bloggers and one’s looking to expand their following. Hannah talks about all the important things about blogging and growing your platform and ‘dumbs it down’ enough so it’s perfect for newbies & pro’s alike. Also the post & her blog are so incredibly aesthetically pleasing!
“This post will hopefully give you a bit more information as to how to start blogging. I will talk about the apps you need, what websites work best for me, and everything in between! I am in no way a professional blogger but thought I’d share the very basic tips that will help everyone kick start their blogging journey.”