Hello everyone! Big thank you to Kerry (KerriMcBookNerd) for nominating me for the Liebster Award. Kerri writes some fantastic bookish posts and is such a supportive blogger, so be sure to go check her blog out!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and give a link to their blog (Thank you, Kerri!)
- Answer the 11 questions asked of you
- Nominate 11 bloggers
- Ask your nominees 11 questions
- Notify your nominees once you have uploaded your post
What is your most anticipated release for 2021?
Oh! Start off with a hard one… I’m really looking forward to These Feathered Flames, and Empire of the Vampire and so so many more.
What is a genre that you most want to try?
I wouldn’t really say there is one I want to try, mainly because I read the genre’s that i’m interested in now. I would like to get back into crime/thrillers, because I tend to read more SFF atm.
What do you prefer: A book that makes you laugh or cry?
Laugh because crying can be awfully awkward depending on where you are… I’ve been caught at work and on the bus/train, and I am a weeper so it’s never just a few little tears, I bawl.
Where is your favourite place to read?
Anywhere I can get comfy really. I usually read in bed, or on the couch snuggled under a blanket.
If you were to write your own novel, what genre would it be?
I actually started one ages ago. It was a NA fantasy, I think I wrote about 5 chapters and then kind of lost my way. Maybe I’ll have another look at it over the Christmas break because I really liked the premise.
What is the best book you have read in 2020?
I really really struggle to pick one for these but I’ll have to go for a recent read and pick These Violent Delights by Chloe Gong. It was amazing and one of the best debut’s I’ve ever read.
What is your favourite thing about being a book blogger?
I think it has to be interacting with other bloggers. I don’t really have a lot of ‘bookish’ friends so,before blogging, I had no one to scream about books at. Luckily now I have people who just want to talk about books with me and it’s great.
What character do you think embodies your personality?
I always think I’m more of an amalgamation of characters than just one, but I would have to pick Nina Zenik. I love food, and have been told I can be a bit of a flirt.
Do you watch Booktube? If so, who is your favourite bookuber?
I don’t, and I really should so hit me up with your faves and I’ll check them out.
If you were to run your own book subscription box what would the theme be? What books/items would you feature?
I think I would do an adult SFF style books because there are so many book boxes that focus on YA when there are some brilliant adult books out there. Item’s wise I would maybe stick towards household items; candles, tea towels, mugs etc.
Surprise! You’ve inherited a bookstore. What do you name it?
I have always dreamt of owning a bookshop called ‘Take me to your reader’ with a cafe next door called ‘take me to your feeder’ 😂. Terrible and punny I know, but people could rent/buy books and then head to the cafe next door for food/drinks… I would love a bookshop like that!
- What is your dream job?
- Who are some of your favourite bloggers?
- What is your favourite thing about the blogging community?
- Who was your first bookish crush?
- What is your preferred reading format; E-copy/ PB/ HB?
- What has been your favourite debut of 2020?
- What are your top 3 most anticipated 2021 releases?
- If you could have an animal sidekick what would you choose?
- What is it that makes you pick up a book? ( Is it the cover, do you sneak a peak at the first line)
- What book/series do you think is underrated?
- Do you make a monthly TBR or are you a mood reader?