First off I just want to say a massive thank you to Jodie (WittyandSarcasticBookClub) for nominating me for this award! Jodie is one of my favourite bloggers and she posts some amazing content.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and give a link to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions asked of you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers.
- Ask ‘your nominees’ 11 questions.
- Notify your nominees once you have uploaded your post.
What’s your go-to genre?
Definitely fantasy! Transported to other worlds, magic, folklore/mythology, mythical creatures! What more do you want in your books?
What is a book or series that you’re forever singing the praises of?
Hmmmm… at the minute I’m trying to get everyone into Below by Alexandria Warwick! It’s such an underrated Fantasy series filled with Inuit mythology, slow burn enemies to lovers and a really rich fantasy world. Below is out now and Night, the second book will be out in October. (I’ve linked both my reviews in case you want to check them out.)
What do you love about blogging?
So many things! I love the fact that it has introduced me to a whole host of fellow book lovers, who don’t roll there eyes at me when I want to scream over a book. I’ve also made some amazing friends in the past few years as a blogger, and just love how inclusive and nice the community is.
Are there any books that you read specifically at a certain time of year?
Maybe the Winternight Trilogy by Katherine Arden, it is definitely a ‘Winter’ vibes series and is filled with a kick ass heroine, Russian Folklore and lyrical writing.
What’s the best book you read in 2019?
Oh god… I can only pick one? Maybe Gods of Jade and Shadow by Silvia Moreno-Garcia because, not only was it an amazing book that completely swept me away, but I also found a new favourite author.
What non-bookish thing do you do for fun?
Spending time with my friends and family, going to the cinema, spending time outdoors… I’m actually going to the Zoo tomorrow and I am ridiculously excited for it.
Which author would you like to have dinner with?
Can I pick two? Because Jay Kristoff and Victoria Schwab would be the best dinner guest. I can’t imagine the amount of times the f bomb would be dropped, and there might be a little too much murder talk but it would be so much fun.
What was your favourite book when you were a child?
I was a huge Roald Dahl fan and my favourite was Fantastic Mr Fox, I also loved the Vicar of Nibbleswicke which was about a dyslexic priest and it was hilarious.
What book character do you most relate to?
I think I’m more of an amalgamation of a few; the sarcasm of Lila Bard, the nervousness and height of Cress and the love for food of Nina.
What is your favourite reading spot?
I normally read in bed, or curled up on the sofa under a blanket.
What new or upcoming release are you most excited for?
The Burning God by R.F Kuang! I’m actually re-reading the first 2 books in the series in anticipation because I definitely need a re-cap. I can’t imagine Rin’s ending being a happy one but I am excited for it all the same.
- What has been your favourite read of 2020 so far?
- What got you interested in blogging in the first place?
- If you could move to a literary world which would it be and why?
- What is your favourite kind of blog post to write?
- What is one book/series that you’re constantly recommending?
- Are there any literary tropes that you love/hate?
- Do you snack whilst reading? And if so, what is your go to treat?
- Do you have any hobbies outside of reading?
- What would be your desert Island book pick?
- Do you have any pets? (if yes pics and names required!)
- If you could have one 2021 release in your hands right now what would it be?