1. Do you judge a book by its cover?
Absolutely! In fact it’s probably the reason why I have so many unread books on my shelf. I’m a sucker for a pretty cover, luckily it hasn’t let me down yet. That being said, I wont buy a book just because of the cover, but I am more likely to pick it up if I find it visually appealing.
2. Focusing just on a cover, what attracts you to pick it up?
Anything from the colour to the design, some of my favourite book covers are the ones with foiling on the actual book, and I’m a sucker for a book with a beautifully drawn character on it.
3. Do you read the synopsis first, or prefer to go in knowing nothing about the book?
I normally read the synopsis first, mainly so I have an idea of whether I will enjoy the book or not. The only ones I’ve ever gone into blind are by favourite authors that I know I will enjoy.
4. Do you have any auto-buy authors?
Yes! Victoria Schwab, Jay Kristoff, S.A Chakraborty, Katherine Arden, Silvia Moreno Garica, Alwyn Hamilton, Samantha Shannon, Leigh Bardugo… and these are just the ones off the top of my head.
5. Are you more likely to pick up a book if it has specific elements/themes?
Well, anyone who has been following me for a while knows i’m a sucker for anything based around mythology/folklore. Also anything with a literary gang, and i’m always up for some revolutionaries!
6. Do you ever read a book that has generally negative reviews just to form your own opinion on it?
I wouldn’t say I would pick a book up just because I had read bad reviews, but if it’s one I have had my eye on I will read it despite them. Not every book is for every person, and I do like to give them a chance.
7. Do you ever buy a book just because another booktuber/blogger has talked about it a lot?
All the time, this is another reason for my huge TBR pile. I follow some amazing bloggers who write the most beautiful and sometimes hilarious reviews, i’m constantly adding to my TBR because of them.
8. Is there anyone whose book recommendations you always trust?
This would have to be Susan over at Novel Lives. We don’t always agree on everything… All the Stars &… but she hasn’t let me down with a book recommendation yet!
I’m not going to tag anybody, but please feel free to take part if you fancy it.