I was nominated for this by the lovely Hannah over at The Bookworm’s Feast, and you should go and check her blog out because she creates some awesome content!
It’s such an awesome feeling, as a fairly new blogger, to be nominated for awards like this. It gives me such a warm and fuzzy feeling inside that there are people out there who enjoy reading my blog. So I wanted to use this to do a bit shout-out to all you lovely people who read and comment on my blog, it really does make it seem worthwhile so thank-you :D.
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive, and inspiring, while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
How Does It Work?
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
So here goes…
Who is your favourite villian? (Can be from a book, film, tv show etc)
Ooooh, I think I would have to go with Mia from Nevernight. I guess shes more of an anti-villian, but I cant help but love her. She doesn’t so much cross the line as run a mile past it, but there’s something about her I cant help but weirdly relate to… don’t worry I am definitely not an assassin!
What book made you fall in love with reading?
I’ve always read from an early age, but I think the books that really made me into a reader had to be the Harry Potter series. I, not so patiently, waited every year for these to be released and have read them multiple times since. I adored everything about these books, and love how Rowling seemed to age the characters, story-line and themes with the readers.
If you could travel back to any period in time which would you choose?
This is a hard one. Maybe the 50’s? I love the music and dress style.
What book is your guilty pleasure?
I wouldn’t say I have a “guilty pleasure” book. But I have recently found a few Pride and Prejudice retelling’s on Amazon. They’re basically really well written fan-fiction, and I’ve found myself slightly addicted to them.
Whats a popular book that you don’t like?
The Cruel Prince. The story is good overall, but I just find the relationship between Jude and Cardan really problematic, and just don’t feel it lives up to the hype.
Which season is your favourite?
Has to be Autumn! I love the weather getting slightly cooler and the changing of the leaves. I’m definitely more partial to the colder months.
What book, film or tv show do you wish you could erase from your memory, just to have the joy of discovering it for the first time again?
Only one? I’m going to cheat and say the Harry Potter books. I just love the series so much, and it would be amazing to be able to read it for the first time again.
Which 5 fictional characters would you invite to a dinner party?
- Delilah Bard – Just for her witty comments.
- Rhysand – We all need a bit of eye candy.
- Nina Zenik – So we can talk over our love of waffles.
- Nikolai – For his superior wit and charm
- Mia Corverre – Just to shake things up a bit.
Which 5 people from real life (alive or dead) would you invite to a dinner party?
- Obama – Hes just so cool!
- James McAvoy – Because hes gorgeous (eye candy)
- Harper Lee – I love To Kill a Mockingbird.
- Jane Austen – To give her a high 5 for writing my fave females (and Mr Darcy).
- Maggie Smith – Because she should be at everyone’s table, but also Mcgonagall.
If you could only read one genre for the rest of your life which would you choose?
This ones pretty easy. Fantasy, mainly because the majority of books I read fit into that genre anyway.
What is your favourite classic book?
Has to be To Kill a Mockingbird. Every time I read this book I take something away with me. One of my all time favourite books.
Don’t feel you have to post if you don’t want to!
Here are my 11 questions:
- If you could have a mythical creature as a pet, which would it be?
- What is your favourite book relationship?
- What is your favourite bookish trope, and why?
- Who is your favourite minor/side character in a book?
- Whats a song that you listen to all the time?
- Whats your most anticipated read of 2019?
- If you could live in the setting of any book, which would you pick?
- If you could have any magical ability which would you pick?
- Who is your all time favourite author?
- Whats your go to TV series?
- What initially drew you to blogging?