I was nominated for this by the lovely Witty and Sarcastic Bookclub, and you should go and give her blog some love because she has some great content!
The Liebster Award Rules
- Acknowledge the blog that gave it to you and display the award
- Answer 11 questions that the blogger gives you
- Give 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 11 blogs and notify them of their nomination
- Give these blogs 11 questions to answer
So here goes…
Whats the best book you’ve read this year so far and why?
This is going to be a hard one because I’ve already read so many amazing books, but if I had to pick one it would be King of Scars. I’ve been not so patiently waiting for this Nikolai heavy book ever since Leigh announced she would be writing it, and it did not let me down!
Would you rather meet your favourite book character or your favourite author?
Oooh! I would have to say favourite book character, because, hopefully this means I have been transported to their world, so double bonus.
What Movie/Show do you think is better than the book?
There is only one movie I preferred over the book and that was Jaws. The book just went on weird tangents that didn’t seem to fit in, or add anything to the overall plot.
What do you like to do, other than read (and talk about books, and hoard books, and sniff books…)?
Errrm… not that after all the above I have much time for anything else. I love going to the cinema and watching movies/TV series in general. I also enjoy travelling, this has petered down after my six month trip around the world, but I do try and go abroad somewhere different each year! Other than that I enjoy singing, I’m not amazing but I enjoy doing it, especially while im doing the dishes or cleaning my room.
Do you prefer sweet or salty?
Were talking about popcorn here right?? Has to be salty!
How do you describe why you like reading to non-readers?
I tell them that I love the escapism, being able to visit other worlds without leaving my house. Falling in love and then being absolutely broken when an author kills off a character I love. Going through a whole rigmarole of emotions and having to just stop sometimes when something happens that you didn’t expect. There are so many amazing things about reading that I sometimes have to control myself.
Do you have a yet-to-be-realised dream?
To be able to read every single book that I want to read! This however is slightly unrealistic, there are too many amazing books out there, and just not enough time in the day.
What’s a book genre that you never read?
I’m not really one for contemporary YA, or contemporary fiction in general really. I’ve always been more of a Fantasy/Science fiction type reader, maybe for the escapism, im not sure, but I’ve just never been attracted to contemporary fiction.
Whats something about you that might surprise people?
Not sure if this is surprising but I’m a huge musical fan. I used to love watching the classics at my nans house, dancing round the living room to West Side Story and knowing all the words to Seven Brides for Seven Brothers… much to my dads annoyance. This probably added to my love for singing, and I still know pretty much all the lyrics to my fave films.
Who is the least likeable character you’ve ever read?
I’m not sure on this one. This is probably an obvious choice but it would have to be Umbridge from Harry Potter. I, with most of the population, hated her will all my being.
Whats your favourite genre and why?
I would have to say fantasy. I love it for the escapism, feeling as though im in a completely different world as I’m sat on my couch.
11 random facts about me.
- I’m a huge Disney nerd. I have seen all the films, and know all the world to all the songs.
- I travelled around the world for 6 months in 2015, and im having serious withdrawals.
- I can repeat, word for word, the LOTR movies.
- I’m 30 this year, and im not taking it well.
- I’m a huge Rugby Union fan and have been to quite a few matches.
- I studied Psychology at University.
- My favourite colour is Green.
- I love walking, and have done a bit of mountain climbing.
- I’m really short 5″1, and all my friends call me a Hobbit.
- I don’t drink tea or coffee
- In case you didn’t get it from all the above I am a huge nerd.
Here are my blog nominations. These blogs all create such interesting and enjoyable content!
Aurora Librialis / The Geekish Brunette / L.M Durand / A Cat A Book and A Cup of Tea / Adele is Reading / The Book Chatter / Bookaholiclizzy / Novel Lives / Sophril Reads / Grimmsnaught / Legenbooksdary
Here are my questions for you all!
- Favourite Movie/TV show based on a book
- What would be your spirit animal, and why?
- If you could live in any fictional world, which would you pick and why?
- If you could have any magical ability, what would it be?
- What was the first book you remember loving?
- If you could only recommend one book to everyone, what would it be?
- What are you reading right now?
- What is your favourite mythical creature?
- Favourite opening line/lines of a book.
- Name something completely unrelated to books that you love
- Who is you all time favourite author?
Ok, so that’s my 11 questions. This is my second time being nominated for this, and I truly appreciate it. There’s no better feeling than knowing there are people out there who read and like the content you create, and this is a fab way to show some love to your favourite bloggers.